Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Week Two Day One

BREAKFAST:
1 Carbmaster yogurt
handful of Ann's house trail mix. ( nuts & cranberries)
TOTAL: 230

DINNER:
3oz Round Steak
4 Homemade Fries ( 6 fries equal one potato but I rounded up for calorie purposes.)
1.5 cup Salad w/ added reduced calorie shredded cheddar cheese
1 TBS ranch ( we will be buying some healthier dressing in the near future...had to use up the rest of what we had!)
TOTAL: 340

SNACK:
1 bag of Baked Doritos
TOTAL: 90


TOTAL: 660
* I guess I didn't feel like eating today. And now I'm going to have a reduced fat cheese stick...because I can...
* I also started a meal plan with my dietitian today so I am now on the diabetic exchange plan. No.. I don't have diabetes, but this plan is very healthy and something she likes people to do until I get my weight under control. I will also be getting a full lab workup on my blood, cholesterol and thyroid to rule out any underlying problems. I will be focusing more on this plan:
2300 calories
* ( as I am still breastfeeding over 2000 is ok)

3 fat free milk
3 non-starchy veggies
3 fruits
11 starches
12 lean meats
5 fats.
I have the exchange book which tells me how much each serving is.
So from now on I will not be putting down the measurements of each item but more of how many servings it is I have for each meal.
I'm hoping this makes sense to my readers. If it doesn't here is a link to better understand what I will be doing starting tomorrow.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/diabetes-diet/da00077


* This looks a little more complicated than just counting calories. I will be buying a scale very soon b/c much of the serving size is in ounces. plus its kinda confusing.

0 comments: